LUG’s vision is to be a leader in higher education that provides research-driven curriculum in a dynamic environment pushing innovation and the debates of today and the future.
Students, faculty and staff all form part of a diverse, collaborative community.
Learning and teaching focuses on research, innovation, social and environmental consciousness, and the importance of group-oriented thinking. We aspire to be progressive in combining theoretical with case-based study and practical applications, driving our faculty, staff and students to be adaptive to changing local and global scenarios.
Investing in and establishing a foundation in research, akin to that of our home campus in the UK, is a core part of our identity, as we strive to:
- produce well-regarded research in the African and global context
- collaborate with researchers around the world
- instill a research-intensive environment on campus with world-class facilities
- maintain high ethical standards
Our success relies on our people, as we maintain our ability to:
- attract the best staff and faculty
- support our staff and promote their vigor for independent academic enquiry and freedom of thought
- celebrate diversity, equality and the wellbeing of all staff
In regards to student support, LUG aims to:
- offer accessible academic, welfare and career planning support to all students
- adopt a student-centric approach in managing communication with faculty and career advisers to provide impactful and timely support to students on personal matters outside the classroom