In May 2019, the students of Lancaster University Ghana elected the fifth Student Representative Council (SRC) which is to run its tenure for the 2019/2020 academic year with teamwork and dedication in order achieve its aims and goals and lay a strong foundation for future elected office holders to stand upon. With continuous growth, development and advancement, it is our hope that the SRC will continue to advocate on behalf of the students and be the strong echoing voice that channels the requests of students to the University and its management for a strengthened positive relationship.
The SRC executives for the 2019/2020 academic year are:
- President – Oritsejolomi Gbenebiche
- Vice President – Fanissatou Tchagbele
- Welfare Officer – Ewura Ama Thompson
- Academic Officer – Judith Annoh
- Clubs & Societies Coordinator – Roland Lamptey
- Communications Officer – Rashida Olass
- International Students Officer – Diwan Artemas Oulai
- Finance Officer – Kelvin Dorkunor
- Secretary – Dazzle Akpamgbo (appointed)
Currently, there are fifteen student clubs and societies that register with the Student Representative Council each year. Once registered, student clubs and societies are recognised by LUG and therefore eligible for funding from the SRC. The SRC, through a unique student parliament system, evaluates the quality and success of events being put on by the various organisations. Registration of clubs and societies usually lasts from October through to the following year when renewals are approved by the SRC.