In May 2020, the students of Lancaster University Ghana elected the sixth Student Representative Council (SRC), and for the first time in LUG history, we have an all-female SRC!. This council is to run its tenure for the 2020/2021 academic year with teamwork and dedication in order achieve its aims and goals and lay a strong foundation for future elected office holders to stand upon.
With continuous growth, development and advancement, it is our hope that the SRC will continue to advocate on behalf of the students and be the strong echoing voice that channels the requests of students to the University and its management for a strengthened positive relationship.
The SRC executives for the 2020/2021 academic year are:
- President – Faith Maghori
- Vice President – Noelle Naa Dzomor Oddoye
- Welfare Officer – Alezena Debrah
- Academic Officer – Kelsey Atemie-Hart
- Clubs & Societies Coordinator – Rocklyne Dogbegah
- Communications Officer – Tricia Amoah
- International Students Officer – Felicia Agbia
- Finance Officer – Pierrette Adams
Currently, there are seven active student clubs and societies that register with the Student Representative Council each year. Once registered, student clubs and societies are recognised by LUG and therefore eligible for funding from the SRC. The SRC, through a unique student parliament system, evaluates the quality and success of events being put on by the various organisations. Registration of clubs and societies usually lasts from October through to the following year when renewals are approved by the SRC.