We are currently accepting entries for the second edition of our Hackathon and Essay Writing Competition for high school students in SHS 2 & 3, A-level & AS level, IB 1 & 2 students in West Africa only.
The Hackathon is a 50 min timed quiz for students who are Tech Enthusiasts while the Essay Competition requires students to choose one essay from 3 categories namely Arts (Law & Politics), Business and Computer Science. Students are required to only submit one essay from any of the categories.
Steps To Participate
- Visit our Competitions Page
- Select the Competition you are interested in entering (Hackathon or Essay competition)
- Complete your details in the registration form
- Click Participate Now to submit your registration details.
- If you register for the Hackathon, after registration is completed, an automatic email with link to the online quiz will be sent to the email address you entered in the registration form OR
- Continue to scroll down for questions on the Essay writing competition. Choose 1 question only from the three categories namely: Business Studies, Arts (Law/Political studies) and Computer Studies.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Deadline for Registration – 25 April, 2021 at 11.59pm
Deadline for Submission of Essay and completion of Hackathon Quiz – 2 May, 2021 at 11.59pm
Student gets 50% Scholarship to LUG and GHS 1,000 worth of Shopping vouchers
School counsellor gets GHS 800 worth of shopping vouchers
Student gets 35% Scholarship to LUG and GHS 500 worth of Shopping vouchers
School counsellor gets GHS 250 worth of shopping vouchers
Student gets 25% Scholarship to LUG and GHS 150 worth of Shopping vouchers
School counsellor gets GHS 150 worth of shopping vouchers
Counsellor with most Participating Students – GHS 1,000 worth of shopping vouchers
Who becomes the ultimate LUG Tech Champion and the Creative Writer for 2021?
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0596911377 to speak to a member of the Competitions Team.