Dr. Gadosey is a lecturer in the department of computing of Lancaster University, Ghana. He holds a PhD and an MEng. in Computer Science both from the Beijing University of Technology, China with specializations in deep learning and computer vision. He also holds a BSc in computer science from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
He has had extensive experience working in industry with companies like Tata consultancy Services in India and consulting for Lenovo Research in Beijing, China. He also co-founded Orion Electronics LLC, Ohio (USA), a startup that develops affordable, innovative, and eco-friendly products for consumers in underrepresented markets and iNNOVA labs Ltd, Ghana, another startup focused on building smart web and mobile applications.
His research areas include Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare and Agriculture, Block chain technologies, Internet of Things and has authored a number of research articles in reputable journals and conferences. One of such works received the best paper award at the 6th International Conference on Computing and Artificial Intelligence (ICCAI2020) held in Tianjin, China and was a recipient of the Beijing Government award for PhD research in computer science.
At LUG, he teaches Artificial Intelligence, Databases, Information Systems, and Internet Applications Engineering modules.
- Gadosey P.K, Li Y, Agyekum, E.A, Zhang T, Liu Z, Yamak, P.T., Essaf F.(2020) “SD-UNet: Stripping down U-Net for Segmentation of Biomedical Images on Platforms with low computational budgets.” Diagnostics 2020, 10,110. DOI:https://doi.org/10.3390/diagnostics10020110.
- Gadosey P.K, Li Y, Yamak P.T,(2019) “On pruned, quantized and compact CNN architectures for vision applications. “Proceedings of 2019 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Information Processing and Cloud Computing, AIIPCC 2019.DOI: 10.1145/3371425.3371481.
- Gadosey P.K, Li Y, Zhang T, Liu Z, Too E.C, Essaf F,(2020) “SEB-Net: Revisiting Deep Encoder-Decoder Networks for Scene Understanding. 2020 6th International Conference on Computing and Artificial Intelligence (ICCAI 2020), 542-551 https://doi.org/10.1145/3404555.3404629
- Yamak P.T, Li Y, Gadosey P.K,(2019) “A comparison between ARIMA, LSTM, and GRU for time series forecasting” Proceedings of the 2019 2nd International Conference on Algorithms, Computing and Artificial Intelligence, ACAI 2019. DOI: 10.1145/3377713.3377722
- Too E.C , Li Y, Njuki S, Gadosey P.K,(2019)” Deep pruned Nets for Efficient Image-based Plants Disease Classification.” Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 2019,37,3, 4003-4019. DOI: 10.3233/JIFS-190184
- Too E.C, Li Y, Njuki S, Gadosey P.K,(2019)” Performance analysis of non-linear activation in Convolution Neural Network for Image Classification.” International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering, 2019. 21(4): 522-535
- Yahong Zhang, Yujian Li, Ting Zhang, Gadosey P.K(2018), Zhaoying L. Dimensionality Reduction based on Affinity Propagation for Classification Problems. Intelligent Data Analysis, 22, 2, 309-323, (2018)
- Essaf F, Li Y, Seybou S, Gadosey P.K, Ting Z(2020), An Improved Lung Parenchyma Segmentation Using the Maximum Inter-Class Variance Method (OTSU). 6th International Conference on Computing and Artificial Intelligence ICCAI 2020: 204-212
- Essaf F, Li Y, Seybou S, Gadosey P.K,(2020) “Improved Convolutional Neural Network for Lung Cancer Detection”. International Conference on Computing, Networks and Internet of Things CNIOT 2020: 48-54